Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 75 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating Thales Alenia Space, which has been developing, integrating, testing and operating innovative and complex space systems for more than 40 years. Thales Alenia Space Switzerland technologies and products are used in the exploration of our solar system and the cosmos, earth observation and satellite telecommunications.
Product Assurance Engineer – Quality Assurance Engineer (f/m/d)
in space travel at our location in Zurich in Switzerland
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
Member of the QA team at TAS Switzerland and responsible for quality and product assurance aspects in the frame of the optical communication product being developed for Telesat constellation.
This includes the following tasks:
- Responsibility of all contractually defined tasks for Product Assurance for space products with optical, electronical and mechanical components
- Tailoring the applicable documentation to the specific needs of the product and down-flow all the relevant requirements to the industrial partners and supplier
- Contribute to the definition of the appropriate qualification approach for the product and monitor its implementation
- Establish the frame for the monitoring of the quality of the production together with the industrial manager
- Monitor the subcontractors and suppliers during the development phase and approve their documentation
- Establish the quality documentation packages for the non-recurring and recurring phase
- Support risk analysis and risk mitigation identification
Your background and skills:
- Engineer with electronical or/and optical background or physicist
- 5 years of experiences of working for space /aerospace industry or similar complex opto-electronics products
- Experiences or education in Quality Assurance Management
- Pro-active in the identification of its duties and in the performance of the tasks
- Good communication internally as well as with customers and suppliers
- Experience in moderation and steering of meetings
- Open for news
- High flexibility
- Methods for problem finding and identification
- English fluently
- Additional benefits are basics in German and/or French
- Willing to travel (in particular within Thales Alenia Space sites)
As a global player with projects all over the world we are looking for candidates of different backgrounds and backgrounds, because the diversity of our innovative and creative teams is our success factor. Therefore, this is also a central aspect of our personnel selection.
You want to know more? We look forward to hearing from you:
Talent Acquisition Team Switzerland
Tel .: +49 (0) 7156 353 42869
We look forward to receiving your application via our workday career portal.
For more information about Thales as an employer, visit www.thalesgroup.com/career
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!