Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 75 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating Thales Alenia Space, which has been developing, integrating, testing and operating innovative and complex space systems for more than 40 years. Thales Alenia Space Switzerland technologies and products are used in the exploration of our solar system and the cosmos, earth observation and satellite telecommunications.
Industrial Manager for Small Scale Recurring Production (f/m/d)
in space travel at our location in Zurich in Switzerland
This includes the following responsibilities:
- The industrial manager oversees the setting up of the production of all the industrial partners involved in the OISL.
- She/he works with the project team (i.e. technical, procurement, supplier operations, quality) to ensure the production of the flight sets within the OISL production and material flow are in accordance with the agreed technical requirements, schedule and quality.
- She/he has the responsibility to identify the preparatory activities required and to execute them in order to fulfil the needs of the project
- She/he has the responsibility to ensure that each industrial partner is able to reach the required through put in the required timeframe through the audit and validation of the production facilities
- She/he is the point of contact for the logistic company that will be appointed for the Telesat program and will be the one to define the requirement for the logistic, to fulfill the needs of assembly, integration and testing activities (batch sizes and schedule), downstream and upstream and inside the company
- With regard to the part of recurring production to be performed in TAS, she/he has the responsibility of:
o Definition and implementation of the needed set-up (including shop floor management, incoming and outgoing inspection)
o Performance of recurring production activities in scope, budget, quality and schedule.
- She/he has to identify the requirement in terms of data management for the suppliers and for the internal activities as well as for configuration management and traceability and to propose solution which will have to be agreed and implemented in alignment with the Telesat program
- She/he has the responsibility to identify the relevant KPIs to monitor the OISL production and to report accordingly during the execution
- Engineering degree
- Proven experience in management of reducing production of opto-electro-mechanical products in challenging conditions (schedule, supply chain set-up, limited back ground knowledge of industrial partner in recurring production)
- Knowledge of tools for production planning
- Knowledge of forecasting and demand planning
- Supply chain management
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP), e.g. SAP
- Knowledge of PDM environments
- Good communicator
- Capability to coordinate many parallel activities
- Analytic and strategic thinking
- Fluent English in oral and written communication is a must. Any other European language an asset
- Readiness for frequent travel within Europe, UK and North America
- Contract management
- Business planning
As a global player with projects all over the world we are looking for candidates of different backgrounds and backgrounds, because the diversity of our innovative and creative teams is our success factor. Therefore, this is also a central aspect of our personnel selection.
You want to know more? We look forward to hearing from you:
Talent Acquisition Team Switzerland
Tel .: +49 (0) 7156 353 42869
We look forward to receiving your application via our workday career portal.
For more information about Thales as an employer, visit www.thalesgroup.com/career
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!