Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Together we shape the world around us and develop the future - here and today! Passion for innovation and pioneering technologies is our motivation. Every day, we develop smart solutions for safety-critical applications in railway technology, aerospace, defense and security.
Thales Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 75 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating Thales Alenia Space, which has been developing, integrating, testing and operating innovative and complex space systems for more than 40 years. Thales Alenia Space Switzerland technologies and products are used in the exploration of our solar system and the cosmos, earth observation and satellite telecommunications.
High Speed Digital PCB/CCA Designer (f/m/d)
in space travel at our location in Zurich in Switzerland
Your main tasks are:
We are looking for an High Speed Digital Electronics PCB Designer to strongly contribute to the development of transceiver electronics for a satellite constellation program.
This includes the following responsibilities:
- Preliminary design including trade-off, analysis, schematics capturing
- Detailed design including PCB layouting
- Verification of electrical circuits by review, analysis and simulation
- Coordination of Unit Interface Equipment (UIE) / EGSE definition and commissioning
- Prototype and Flight electronics commissioning and testing
- Assembly, Integration and Testing (AIT) support
- Establish and maintain design configuration
- Establish technical documentation like design descriptions, analysis (worst-case, parts stress) and test reports
- Establish and maintain progress reports
- Liaise with Line Managers and project core team
Your background and skills:
- Master degree in electronic or telecommunications engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in space industry or avionics industry or defense industry
- Proven experience with High Speed PCB design (e.g. 10 Gbps and more), from concept design to production phase
- Experience with RF design is an advantage
- Proven experience in Schematics capturing
- Proven experience in PCB Layouting with Mentor Graphics suite
- Experience in Architecture definition at electronics board level: PCB, CCA (equivalently called PCBA)
- Experience with selection of COTS EEE parts
- Experience with components in digital Electronics: commercial and flight FPGAs, commercial and flight DSP, commercial and flight CPUs including high-speed transceivers
- Experience with EMC design and analysis of electronics systems/sub-systems
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink, Python or similar
- Experience with radiation mitigation techniques in electronics design is an advantage
- Experience with Requirements Management in DOORS is an advantage
- Ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English
- Pronounced self-motivation and commitment in connection with a strong sense of responsibility and reliability
- Pronounced communication skills and proven experience in working in international environment
As a global player with projects all over the world we are looking for candidates of different backgrounds and backgrounds, because the diversity of our innovative and creative teams is our success factor. Therefore, this is also a central aspect of our personnel selection.
You want to know more? We look forward to hearing from you:
Talent Acquisition Team Switzerland
Tel .: +49 (0) 7156 353 42869
We look forward to receiving your application via our workday career portal.
For more information about Thales as an employer, visit www.thalesgroup.com/career
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!