Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales is a leading multi-domestic electronics and systems group, addressing Defence and Security, Aerospace and Ground Transport markets worldwide. State-of-the-art technologies combined to the expertise of 64,000 employees in 56 countries make Thales a key player in assuring security of people, assets, infrastructures, cities and nations.
• Responsible for the management of all test & commissioning activities
• Establish and maintain the Test & Commissioning program co-ordination with the Project Management.
• Responsibility for identification and resolution of all technical problems/issues identified during site testing with related partner: installation, software developers, designers, etc.
• Coordinating with the customer's representatives for the planning and execution of field commissioning tests.
• Providing technical support in all operational matters in the conduct of integration and commissioning test activities.
• Reviewing and accountable of test executions and test certificates for completeness, accuracy and integrity prior submission for final approval and submission to customer.
• Reviewing all Change Control site entries for completeness and accuracy.
• Participating in the actual testing directly when necessary.
• Leads problem solving efforts to effect positive change with respect to quality, costs, test cycle reductions and ease of test.
• Support the creation of an integrated team atmosphere between the internal and external actors on the project while ensuring compliance to company processes and procedures.
• Assist in increasing engineering maturity and the competency development of junior team members
• 10+ years’ experience in Systems Test and Verification environments (Signalling) with at least 2 years experience in T&C Management role
• Excellent leadership and negotiating skills
• Excellent knowledge of industry and technology
• Working knowledge of safety practices required on site
• Possesses in-depth knowledge on signaling test and commissioning: CBTC technology. IEEE 1474, EN 50128 (SIL4)
• Experience in the installation and testing of train control systems.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and international relations skill.
• Be proficient in English, both in speaking and writing (Cantonese capability is added value but not mandatory)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!