Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales is a leading multi-domestic electronics and systems group, addressing Defence and Security, Aerospace and Ground Transport markets worldwide. State-of-the-art technologies combined to the expertise of 64,000 employees in 56 countries make Thales a key player in assuring security of people, assets, infrastructures, cities and nations.
- Responsible for all the software activities required to develop, verify and manage the change requests for one component of a project solution.
- Responsible for the Design of the software architecture and interfaces for the component to meet functional and performances requirements
- Responsible for testing software functional, design and quality requirements for the component
- Lead its own Software activities on time and quality requirements as per Software Development Plan
- Assist software Architect to maintain and improve in-house software modules Technical support
- Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 2 years relevant experience in design, development, testing and commission of software.
- Experience in C++/C# programming with good debugging skill OR
- Experience in database such as SQL server, MySQL, PostgreSQL ,Oracle OR
- Experience in Data model language: XML, JSON, XDR, HTML (CSS)
- Experience in Linux/Unix is essential
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Cantonese
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!