Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales is a leading multi-domestic electronics and systems group, addressing Defence and Security, Aerospace and Ground Transport markets worldwide. State-of-the-art technologies combined to the expertise of 64,000 employees in 56 countries make Thales a key player in assuring security of people, assets, infrastructures, cities and nations.
- To work strategically with consortium partner to negotiate on disputes/issues both against the consortium and alongside the consortium partner for disputes against the customer
- Provide advice and assist with driving decisions within the consortium on matters concerning Company’s best interests.
- Act as the legal and contracts advisor of the project manager, project team and other stakeholders to proactively propose actions and solutions to issues and disputes
- Draft concise, clear strategic papers to business line, group business units and corporate on contentious/critical/complex contractual matters concerning/impacting project with ability to identify the risks and provide strategic mitigations to reach resolution with the customer and/or consortium partner
- Advise the Project team in the accurate interpretation and execution of contractual terms and conditions
- Ensure that a reliable and logical filing (hard copies & electronic filing) is in place and ensures easy and quick access to all contractual documents and correspondence from/to Customers, partners and subcontractors.
- Prepare opportunity review for change/variation orders, draft and lead negotiation of the same. Ensure timely collection of all relevant records, data and information to support and draft claims
- Be involved in project reviews and other forums in which the incumbent should be able to collect, sort out and keep record of any relevant information, facts and elements that contribute to proposing, preparing and drafting contractual claims/counterclaims
- Contribute in the preparation of comprehensive dispute files with subcontractors, suppliers and customers as the case may be
- Produce and deliver commercial awareness training to engineering function on how to identify events that lead to scope change or claims for cost or extension of time and the impact to the business for failure to alert. Establish and implement process internally (preferably mirrored by the consortium partner) to record and report such disruption events to the customer
- Law degree or paralegal qualification preferred. Project Management, Quality Surveyors experience and engineering background will be considered
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a contract manager involved in one or more complex transportation/construction/IT projects. Experience with “FIDIC type” contracts or the equivalent will be preferred
- Able to organize and prioritise contractual and commercial risks and issues. Capacity to anticipate and act proactively
- Ability to effectively reach negotiated compromises (win-win approach)
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills
- Transparency and clearness in messages delivery and formal reporting.
- Capacity to understand or analyse critical path, float and consequent impact on the general time schedule and budget (including potential delays and consequences).
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Overseas travel will be required from time to time.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!