In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Buying & Administration
- Identifies material shortages on identified/assigned items which will impact customer shipments and places purchase/internal requisitions and purchase orders to satisfy all material requirements
- Develops and implements new suppliers and/or alternate sources for high volume or strategic type materials; works with Engineering and Quality to approve local sources of materials
- Execute/administer purchase orders for direct & indirect goods (expense purchases) and services globally
- Provides guidance to regional fulfillment team on schedule and priority of orders that are escalated or need to be rescheduled due to material shortages
- Analyzes regional backlog and material readiness to assure all shippable orders are properly shipped on time to reach the customer by the due date
- Partners with global buyers/planners to assure proper product mix to meet planned shipments; includes management of the APAC material min/max process for accessory type items
- Maintains outstanding customer service to internal and external customers
- Reviews and maintain planning item attributes in the ERP system
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years purchasing , scheduling, planning & administration experience
- Broad knowledge of purchasing, scheduling and inventory functions/concepts and practices
- Hands-on experience using large scale ERP Operating Systems (Oracle a plus) and Microsoft Office Products
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong negotiating skills
- APICS certification is a plus
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!