Location: Herstal, Belgium
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège). Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
Thales Belgium SA (Herstal Site) is currently looking for a :
Methods Engineer (M/F)
Define, put in place and validate the manufacturing & control processes of the company.
- Define, put in place and validate the manufacturing & control processes of the company in collaboration with the Quality , Production, Purchasing and Cost office departments , while taking into consideration :
- Anticipate launchs of new productions and ensure the availability of the necessary resources in close collaboration with the production manager.
- Define ( Quality/cost/time) and validate the industrial resources (fabrication & control)
- Take part in suppliers evaluations and audits.
- Define training and validation processes
- Ensure the consistency of the manufacturing and control files (in regards with the definition files) and manage the administrative follow-up of these files.
- Ensure the optimization of the production work place and define new actions in order to :
- Guarantee the security of the employees with a focus on our pyrotechnical products
-Improve the ergonomics (accessibility, load handling)
-Minimize manufacturing times and ranges
- Organize the manufacturing processes and control files review in collaboration with Quality , Production, Purchasing and Cost office departments
- Suggest implement and follow continuous improvement actions plans.
The Methods engineer will report to the Methods manager.
- Engineering degree with an experience in mechanical manufacturing and in electronics tests
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Methods engineer position
- Technical knowledge of SMED, PDCA, 5S, LEAN
- Fluent in French and English
- Well-organized and able to deal with multiple tasks
- Strong communication skills
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!