In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
About The Challenge
MKS180 is the first major shipbuilding project of the German Navy since 20 years and at the same time its largest ship building program ever. Damen Schelde Naval Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) offered the (totally new) ship design, Thales offered the combat system (CS) including all sensors (excl. weapons) and the CMS as well as overall Mission System Integration responsibility, including 13 subcontracts. The Thales part of the project is by volume the biggest project in the history of the Thales Netherlands and Thales Germany Naval organizations.
We are expanding and strengthening our Solution Engineering capacity in our headquarters in Hengelo. We are specifically looking for engineers with a background in Naval systems engineering and technical subcontract management for multiple positions of a
Technical Subcontract Manager
About the job
As a Technical Subcontract Manager you work in an international multidisciplinary team. You are responsible for managing the technical part of a specific system segment and/or subsystems that will be subcontracted. You closely collaborate with the commercial subcontract manager, the system architect and engineering team. Activities include amongst others:
- Perform requirements decomposition towards subcontracted items;
- Prepare technical documentation, including SoW and TA for the subcontractor;
- Monitor and control the technical compliance of the subcontractor;
- Monitor the technical progress of the subcontractor according to the agreed milestone planning;
- Review and validate the deliveries according to technical specifications;
- Work in close collaboration with colleague system architects and system engineers;
- Point of contact to the subcontractor for all technical issues, including Specialties that need to be aligned with experts from the MKS180 engineering team;
- Point of Contact in the technical meetings with sub, sometimes also with the prime contractor and/or customer.
The Technical Subcontract Manager has demonstrable experience in the naval domain and is a specialist in Bi/multi-static Towed Array Sonar, Tactical Data Link, ESM, Naval surveillance radar and / or multi-function radar or Navigation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work and act in multidisciplinary teams
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Affinity with project management
- Language proficiency: English (listening, reading, speaking and writing) European language level: C1, German at level B2/C1 is a benefit
- Flexibility with respect to travelling abroad and operating in an international environment
- Location: Hengelo in the Netherlands
- An interesting job within a team of experts in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
About Thales Netherlands
- Open and flexible working atmosphere;
- Short communication lines;
- International orientation;
- An inspiring environment open for initiatives and ideas.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!