In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
For our headquarters in Hengelo / our site in Huizen/Delft/Eindhoven, we are in search for a:
System Test Engineer / IVVQ
About the job
The Solutions IVVQ & Training group has the responsibility to integrate naval mission solutions in diverse projects and participates in the complete cycle of concept definition, system design, system integration and qualification.
We offer the possibility of working in an exciting and technically challenging domain integrating combat and information management systems with sensors and effectors on board of naval ships. These complex systems include advanced solutions in the area of information processing, information management, user interaction and control of sensors and effectors.
In the role of System Test Engineer you will be part of a multidisciplinary test team and will have the responsibility of integrating different hardware and software components and of performing functional chain tests from sensors to effectors, during the integration and acceptance activities that will result in the acceptance of the naval mission system by a satisfied customer.
The integration, verification and validation activities take place at the premises of different suppliers, land based test locations and on board of ships everywhere around the world
We are in search for a colleague who:
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications or similar.
- Experience in integration, verification and validation of complex industrial systems, preferably naval systems.
- Experienced in preparation and performing of test and integration activities: documentation, software installation, testing, investigation, defect reports, etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player
- Capable of working in close relationship with the customers.
- Pragmatic, flexible, determined and well organized. Capable of working under pressure.
- Interested in working in international multicultural teams.
- Flexible to travel.
- An interesting job within a team of experts in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
In the Netherlands, where 2000 employees are based, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions and research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft).
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
An assessment could possibly be part of the procedure.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!