In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
About The Challenge
MKS180 is the first major shipbuilding project of the German Navy since 20 years and at the same time its largest ship building program ever. Damen Schelde Naval Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) offered the (totally new) ship design, Thales offered the combat system (CS) including all sensors (excl. weapons) and the CMS as well as overall Mission System Integration responsibility, including 13 subcontracts. The Thales part of the project is by volume the biggest project in the history of the Thales Netherlands and Thales Germany Naval organizations.
We are expanding and strengthening our Solution Engineering capacity in our headquarters in Hengelo. We are specifically looking for engineers with a background in Naval systems engineering and extensive knowledge and experience in the field of modeling for the multiple positions of a
System Modelling Engineer
About the job
As a System Modelling Engineer you work in an international multidisciplinary team on the design, development and validation of one or more elements of the MKS180 solution. You are responsible for a specific part of the technical design. Your specific knowledge, experience and ambition determine your assignment and scope of responsibility. In the Thales internal project team, you collaborate under the leadership of the Project Design Authority who leads a team of system architects Activities include amongst others:
- Apply Model based System Engineering (MBSE), in the system architecture & design phases;
- Support and coaching of fellow-engineers with regards to MBSE principles, practices and tools;
- Perform requirements decomposition towards system elements including subcontracted items;
- Define the detailed functional behavior of the system elements
- Design of naval mission system or combat management system elements;
- Solve technical issues that arise during the development, testing and integration of the system;
- Work in close collaboration with system architects and colleague system engineers.
- Mastering Arcadia (method) and Capella/Melody Advance (tool) is a prerequisite
- You have a demonstrable experience with the engineering of complex systems preferably in the Naval domain
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work and act in multidisciplinary teams
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Language proficiency: English (listening, reading, speaking and writing) European language level: C1, German at level B2/C1 is a benefit
- Flexibility with respect to travelling abroad and operating in an international environment
- Demonstrable training and coaching skills
- Location: Hengelo in the Netherlands
- An interesting job within a team of experts in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
About Thales Netherlands
- Open and flexible working atmosphere;
- Short communication lines;
- International orientation;
- An inspiring environment open for initiatives and ideas.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!