In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
With 80.000 talents working in 68 countries, we are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security. In the Netherlands, where 2000 employees are based, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions and research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft).
The Solution Engineering Group performs all system engineering activities for the realization of a command & control system on board of naval ships. To strengthen our group, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated:
About the job
As a system engineer you work in an international multidisciplinary team on the design, development and validation of a command & control system. Your team consists of representatives of the customer, suppliers of subsystems and other parties involved. In the team you are responsible for the technical design. Activities include amongst others:
- Discuss operational needs together with the customer
- Design the architecture of the command & control system
- Define the functional behaviour of the system
- Define interfaces between the Thales command & control system and 3rd party subsystems
- Manage technical issues of subcontracts during the development of the Mission Solution
- Demonstrate the solution to the customer
When you join our group you will have a varied working week. One moment you discuss your solution with the customer, the other you spend defining the interaction between our command & control system and other systems on board of the ship. You frequently meet with your team to learn from each other and to discuss progress.
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, aerospace engineering or similar field
- Generalist, with a broad interest in technology
- Communication skills and able to work in multidisciplinary teams
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Just graduated or a few years experience in system engineering
- Affinity with project management
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch
- Flexibility with respect to travelling abroad and being part of an international environment
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘online solliciteren’ to show your interest.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!