In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Maintenance & Service Logistics Engineer
At our head offices in Hengelo, the System Engineering department is responsible for the entire development cycle of our radar and command and control products, service engineering and customer-oriented solutions. The activities consist of concept definition, system design, system integration, validation and service engineering.
Within System Engineering, the Supportability Engineering & Training team, consisting of 55 domain experts, is responsible for the definition, development, realization and training of integrated service solutions (ILS) for our radar and command and control systems. An important aspect is to influence the product design at an early stage so that the delivered solution is available cost-effectively throughout the product lifecycle.
About the job
As a Maintenance & Service Logistics Engineer you play a key role in defining maintenance and service logistics support programs for the entire lifecycle of the systems that are developed at Thales Naval in Hengelo. Your contributions encompass the effective support of new and existing systems, from influencing the system design in its initial state, through sustaining supportability characteristics during the In-Service phase, until the eventual system decommissioning.
You will collaborate with product development and project teams where radars, electro-optical systems and combat management systems are developed. Your activities consist of:
- The analysis and development of cost-efficient and effective maintenance solutions by means of several support analyses (LSA) in order to achieve the maximum availability of the customers’ assets;
- The determination of repair and maintenance requirements, identification of maintenance significant items and proposition of required maintenance activities and resources;
- Supporting the project manager in delivering the developed solution in both the bid and execution phase and in tailoring it to the end user specifications. To do so, you will also connect to customers, prime contractors and subcontractors on the proposed support concepts.
- Writing (part of) the proposal texts and performing cost calculations for the offered solution. To realize this, you master several statistical and mathematical tools.
- A graduate or finished Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering;
- Interested in system engineering and supportability engineering principles and analysis with a wide variety of complex technical products;
- Knowledge and experience with PLM (product lifecycle management) tooling such as Windchill or Teamcenter and creating BOM’s (Bill of Materials);
- Strong communicative skills with a high degree of initiative, creativity, pragmatism and persuasiveness;
- You like working in a new and challenging environment and contributing to the further development of our team.
- Preferably knowledge of developments in maintenance and service logistics (e.g. corrective, preventive and condition-based maintenance, Integrated Logistics Support)
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
As a Maintenance & Logistics Service Engineer you can specialize in the same area of expertise, or follow a growth path to other service engineering functions at Thales; broaden yourself in the area where your interests are.
What's in it for you
- Become part of a great team in a high tech, innovative international organization
- (International) opportunities for growth in tech-, management- and commercial roles
- Attention for personal development and own initiative
- A nice workplace in a modern building, where we value a good work-life balance and flexibility
- 40 leave days per year, travel expenses and a flexible benefits à la carte package with options like purchase/sale of leave hours, internet costs, bicycle plan, company fitness, trade union contribution or relocation costs
Apply now! Click on the button below to upload your profile and show your interest.
To ensure that we are a good match, we can ask you to participate in an assessment.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!