Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
The Health & Wellbeing Coordinator/Nurse will provide advice and guidance within the business to support compliance and reduce risk to the business by supporting the implementation of Thales health and safety policies. Provide hands-on support to the business and providing health and wellbeing related improvements, education by coordinating and completing activities across site. The role will also be responsible for providing triage, where required, and managing first aid resources, supporting personnel and equipment
- Development and maintenance of the workers compensation claims, rehabilitation, injury and health promotion strategies and health surveillance and monitoring,
- Manage workers compensation and fitness for work activities
- Manage treatment of injury and illness, and respond to emergency situations
- Maintain systems to ensure information and records are kept appropriately
- Continually identify and implement opportunities to improve workers health, safety and injury management
How About You?
- Appropriate degree in health-related profession or relevant qualifications
- Experience in fields of injury management, health promotion and relevant legislation
- Strong liaison skills from senior level managers to shop floor staff
- Practical knowledge of production/construction/manufacturing environment
- Have excellent time management and able to self-manage your workload
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, please visithttp://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!