Location: Austin, United States of America
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
We are currently looking for an IT Project Manager to join Thales in Austin, Texas. As an IT Project Manager for the Identity and Biometrics Solutions team, you will deliver solutions that meet customer requirements and Thales’ commitments. The IT Project Manager will take leadership of a wide range of IT projects and systems from beginning to end, and will be point person for planning, communication and delivery of all architectural design, procurement and implementation requirements of projects. You will have a transversal view to coordinate IT projects across the different programs. The IT Project Manager will partner with business and functional leaders, and leverage his/her strong project management skills to ensure on-time availability of the infrastructure (internal data center or on the cloud); network meeting high availability and performance requirements.
- Work closely with the PM team, Operations team, Delivery team, Data Center and Cloud Operations team to ensure clear communication, business based prioritization, and definition of precise scope and planning
- Cultivate and maintain strong partnerships with decision-makers across operations groups (PMO, Procurement, Supply Chain, Data Center, Quality, Software Development and Validation, Manufacturing, Logistics and Ops Finance) to build and continuously improve process to ensure high quality and on-time delivery
- Review technical specifications and provide feedback
- Communicate requirements to Data Center Operations team and get commitment per project timeline
- Focus on precise planning, forecast, continuous risk and contingency management, change management and timely escalation
- Effective communication at all levels of organization
Required Skills and Experience:
- Active PMP certification required
- 7+ years of directly managing infrastructure projects (data center technologies, cloud technologies (AWS or Azure), network (firewalls flows), system security, system performance (Four 9s), redundancy, penetration testing, security scans remediation), Active Directory knowledge
- Experience with Disaster Recovery Plan, DR setup and testing
- Experience building project schedules with Microsoft Project
- Experience with PM tools – Confluence or equivalent, JIRA or equivalent
- Experience building project schedules, cost baseline, and updating project forecast regularly (at-least every month)
- Understands the change management process and how to leverage it to bring about results
- Proactively plans for the various stages of transformational and transitional change, recognizing how people react to it and how it affects the organization
- Understands enterprise process needs based on the company vision and strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to deliver clear messages to a wide variety of audiences
- Effectively builds and maintains rapport with stakeholders to get buy-in and keep support throughout the entire improvement process
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- High energy, team oriented, data driven and results focused
- CompTIA or equivalent IT certifications, CISSP, MSCA
- Active Directory knowledge, HP and Hyper converged systems knowledge
- Has a “Leader as Teacher” leadership style; comfortable and effective teaching and coaching at all levels of the organization
- Forward thinking and systematic in approach
Special Position Requirements:
- This position requires U.S. citizenship (no dual citizenship accepted) per CFIUS requirements
- This position is subject to standard pre-employment background check, fingerprinting and drug screen
- This position is subject to post-hire third party background checks with the Department of Justice, the FBI and other state government agencies
- This position is subject to annual employment background check screening
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.