Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
- Active monitoring of devices and networks for alarms.
- Respond to and provide 1st line enquiry support for problems and service requests.
- Provide on-site trouble shooting and swapping out 1st line equipment or modules.
- Maintain test facility operational readiness for test programmes.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in accordance with the manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Carry out corrective maintenance and actions as required.
- Maintain tools and test equipment, and ensure equipment is in calibration.
- Maintain records and documentation of field equipment and spares.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with relevant standards and processes.
- Utilise spares and carry out repairs to ensure that AIFS meets its contracted availability requirements.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of employees via meetings, written communications and one-on-one communication. Interact and work with management/employees to promote teamwork.
- Maintain a sound working relationship with the customer and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the maintenance team in proactively identifying issues and proposing solutions to the Senior Maintenance Technician and Service Delivery Manager.
- Assist the Senior Maintenance Technician as required.
- Maintain and manage inventory and spares as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Hold a current Electrical Service Technician (EST) Registration or higher, i.e. a registered Electrician
- Experience in a technical workshop or maintenance environment.
- Customer interface.
- Sound interpersonal skills – good team player.
- Demonstrated self starter.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!